Trying to Conceive
If, in consultation with your doctor, you deicide that you wish to see a fertility expert your doctor will complete a referral letter for both you and your partner to Merrion Fertility Clinic.
Your doctor may send on your referral letter directly or may hand you a letter to forward to us. On receipt of your letter you will hear from us within one week with your initial appointment and registration details.
Couples should be referred for specialist review at Merrion Fertility Clinic after regular unprotected intercourse over 12 months. Early referral should be considered for the following reasons:
- Over the age of 35 years
- Oligomenorrhoea or amenorrhoea
- Significant endometriosis or other pelvic disease
- Abnormal pelvic examination
- Recurrent miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy
- Early menopause
- Reduced semen quality (concentration, motility, morphology, anti-sperm antibodies)
- Abnormal examination, varicocele
- Previous genital surgery or pathology